Weed research group is specialised in:
- The efficacy and selectivity evaluation of:
– herbicides (cereals, oilseed rape, potatoes, legumes, maize, vegetables, grasses, orchards, fallow, flax, pasture and non-agricultural areas);
– desiccants (oilseed rape and potatoes);
- Weed survey in arable crops;
- Weed-crop competition in field trials (focus on?Avena fatua);
- Weed resistance to the herbicides;
- Weed mapping;
- The development of controlling methods of the invasive species (e.g. Giant Hogweed).
- Giving advice and recommendations to farmers for suitable methods (chemical, mechanical) for weed control in arable crops;
- Giving advice and?recommendations to farmers to prevet herbicide resistence;
- Preparing scientific publications and publications for farmers in local journals about hot topics.